“Without a wish, without a will, / I stood upon that silent hill / And stared into the sky until / My eyes were blind with stars and still / I stared into the sky.”-Ralph Hodgson

I told you escape is a pipe dream



"I think we’re always responsible for our actions. We’re free. I raise my hand – I’m responsible. I turn my head to the right – I’m responsible. I’m unhappy – I’m responsible. I smoke a cigarette – I’m responsible. I shut my eyes – I’m responsible. I forget that I’m responsible, but I am. I told you escape is a pipe dream. After all, everything is beautiful. You only have to take an interest in things, see their beauty. It’s true. After all, things are just what they are. A face is a face. Plates are plates. Men are men. And life...is life."


(via John Rafman check his tumblr for more images)


2 comments:

  1. Great post! love the images haha & the quote.
    Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i would not count farrk as a swearie if it was written on a sheet of paper and so long as when you say "farrk!" at least you remain aware of the fact that you're mentally spelling it farrk and not fuck.

    but i do swear, i say things like darn and tarnation.

    actually, i'm just kidding, really. i don't judge people based on their use of slang. i like it, i think it's a little bit endearing and i like the way that people modify their swears to make themselves individuals. i'm as foul-mouthed as the rest of my age bracket when given the right social context. the goal is to fit in, right?

    someone told me once that google earth showed a shooting. i thought that was interesting, still do. am also jealous of how some people's internet functions at such a ridiculous speed that they have the time to sit and find the beautiful or fascinating photos they do.

    my internet is like a slug in winter :) i like your blog beaucoup and am following/reading your backlog; you seem to chill with the coolest people.

    ReplyDelete

Follow via bloglovin

Follow JACARANDA
Powered by Blogger.

Counter