“Without a wish, without a will, / I stood upon that silent hill / And stared into the sky until / My eyes were blind with stars and still / I stared into the sky.”-Ralph Hodgson

Where the children sleep

                          Fifteen-year-old Risa lives in a teahouse in Kyoto, Japan



                                       Four-year-old Kaya lives in an apartment in Tokyo, Japan


                                         Seventeen-year-old, 'X' lives in a 'favela' in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil


                                         Eight-year-old Harrison lives in a mansion in New Jersey, USA


                                         This unnamed four-year-old boy lives on the outskirts of Rome,  Italy. He and his family all sleep on the mattress in the photograph


                           


 Where the child sleep is a soon-to-be released photo-book by Chris Boot and shot by James Mollison. I think its concept of photographing childrens bedrooms (or lack thereof) from all over the world is just so wonderful. I wish I could transform my room into a ghetto-harijuku wonderland, I don't think I would ever leave.. enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. The Tokyo & New Jersey photographs make me extremely upset/disturbed. What consumers children are becoming, having shit foisted on them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow this is so interesting...wonderful, I would love to see the whole book!

    ReplyDelete

Follow via bloglovin

Follow JACARANDA
Powered by Blogger.

Counter